Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation in the 66th episode of his monthly radio program ‘Mann Ki Baat.’ On Sunday, he spoke on various issues that the nation is currently facing, from Indo-China border clash to COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are major highlights of his June month’s radio address:
- The PM said that we bow to courageous Indian soldiers who martyred in Indo-China border clash in Eastern Ladakh. He added that their sacrifices would never be forgotten.
- Moreover, he said that India values true friendship and knows how to give a befitting reply when the situation demands. He added that the Indian Army would never allow anyone to harm our motherland.
- Besides, PM Modi said that several stories of migrant laborers are inspiring people.
- He said that people need to be more careful during the unlock as compared to lockdown. The PM further added that being careless, not wearing masks & taking other precautions, and flouting social distancing would risk your and others’ life.
- The PM said that Indians are showing support to the movement of making the country self-reliant.
- Also, the PM said that the locust attacks across different Indian states damaged crops, and small earthquakes tremors are taking place in various states.
- He also said that a new and strong opportunity for our generation and startups is there. He added that we should bring in traditional games of the country in an innovative and interesting form.
- PM Modi further said that this year 2020 is not auspicious, saying when would it come to an end. He added that people are saying that it is filled with many challenges like Coronavirus pandemic, Cyclone Amphan, and Cyclone Nisarg, and others. He also said that we have always emerged stronger out of these challenges, turning crisis into opportunity.
Watch it here:
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 28, 2020
Featured image credits: OneIndia